We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Business Consultant – Real Estate Planning is responsible for driving and supporting new and continued initiatives for the Real Estate Planning Team and Corporate Real Estate function. This position provides critical support to the Planning Team for delivering process enhancements and special projects, and serves as an expert resource for problem-solving, solution development, and change/project implementation.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Maintains positive relationships with all internal (Airport Affairs and Corporate Facilities) and external Customers (Ground Ops, Network Planning, FP&A) to ensure that all Real Estate Planning activities are adequately informed and are performed in a collaborative manner
• Collaborates with Leaders/counterparts throughout the Real Estate organization to deliver functional objectives, such as highly visible cost savings efforts
• Drives internal and cross-departmental initiatives in support of Real Estate strategy and continuous process improvement
• Delivers process enhancements and special projects across the Real Estate function
• Performs project oversight to ensure that team work is planned, executed, and reported on in a timely manner and with high quality
• Performs and interprets ad hoc research and analysis to assist with driving decisions when necessary, primarily utilizing excel
• Develops accurate, timely, and comprehensive reports to facilitate management decision making
• Researches and provides best practice recommendations for a variety of Stakeholders
• Performs and maintains standard reporting as necessary
• Develops Executive-level presentation materials to present to internal EVP level stakeholders
• Excellent partnering and communication skills while working with various Teams.
• Able to plan and drive complex projects and moderately complex programs to completion
• Able to lead and assist with internal and cross-departmental initiatives in support of Real Estate strategy and continuous process improvement
• Delivers internal department requests in support of Real Estate Leadership
• Must have proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis
• Must have proven analytical and quantitative skills; experience with spreadsheets or other quantitative modeling
• Ability to understand corporate financial analysis and financial statements
• Ability to design and conduct analysis, and synthesize recommendations based on findings
• Must be able to partner and work effectively with different levels of Leadership to develop and implement Departmental and Company plans
• Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and to provide direction in a Team-oriented environment
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to audiences of 15+ People
• Builds trust and influences without authority cross functionally and across diverse teams.
• Sought out by Business Customer and Peers as an effective partner; expands functional understanding and works as a change agent to refine and improve business processes
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for building brand presence, cultivating new business, growing... planning or commercial real estate firm supporting real estate projects, systems and peopleA minimum of...See Details
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to ...See Details
Bachelor's degree required,. Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or Architecture highly... among partners. Responsible for negotiating and. executing consultant contracts in coordination with...See Details
Facilities Managers and their direct reports.Drive real estate strategy and office solutions globally... such as long term planning, short term moves, in order to meet the business needs of a site region...See Details