- Full time
- Listing type
- Job vacancy
- Charities, Housing & homelessness, Poverty relief, Social welfare
- Job function
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance & Corporate Resources for Sir Josiah Mason Trust (SJMT) based in Solihull, near Birmingham.
- Hybrid Working: Full Time position, with 2 to 3 days a week required at their offices.
- Leadership: Part of the SMT
- Reporting Line: CEO
- Management: 2 staff, Head of Finance, Office Manager
- Salary: £60,000pa
SJMT is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands.
SJMT want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services SJMT provide include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need.
PURPOSE OF JOB
You will be responsible for the delivery, development, and strategic leadership of the charities financial, ICT, HR delivery & Data Control, ensuring regulatory and legal compliance.
This position covering Financial Strategy and Controls, Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, ICT, Data Controller, Growth, and Innovation.
- To develop and maintain effective systems of financial control that ensure that financial business plans are continually reviewed, and that regular management information on key financial indicators, cash flow and operational performance is provided.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the computerised accounting system, including sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book and nominal ledger.
- To ensure that the charity’s accounting policies, systems and records comply with all legal, regulatory and taxation requirements.
- To be responsible for the Trust’s Treasury Management strategy and policy to ensure availability of and flexibility of funding to support achievement of strategic objectives and reduce exposure to any particular risk.
- To lead on the development of and maintain risk management strategies and registers, audit frameworks, procedures and appraisal systems for capital projects and all other significant areas of risk.
- To ensure an effective People Strategy is in place that supports the organisation’s vision and values and embraces best practice in recruitment, induction, training and development.
- To lead on the development and delivery of an effective ICT and Telecoms Strategy which supports mobile and agile working, customer relationship management that underpins our drive for excellent business performance and supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- To oversee the relationship with the outsourced IT support provider, ensuring optimal support to staff, and monitoring performance against contract.
- Proven experience at a senior leadership level in a finance environment. Charity and or Housing Association.
- Experience of preparing financial business plans, modelling scenarios and carrying out sensitivity analysis and stress tests.
- Track record of delivering on a range of other corporate support services such as IT, HR and Governance in addition to financial responsibilities would be an advantage.
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e. CCAB or equivalent and membership of a recognised UK body desirable.
Harris Hill are among the UK’s leading specialists in charity recruitment, with more than 20 years’ experience of helping charity professionals to find rewarding new roles.
We cover permanent, temporary and fixed term contract positions at all levels from junior assistants to senior directors; while our Executive Search team have an exceptional record of appointing charity CEOs, chairs and trustees.
With c.30 consultants dedicated purely to third sector jobs and offices in London, the South West and Scotland we’re also the UK’s largest team of charity specialists, many of whom have charity backgrounds themselves making them ideally placed to understand your requirements within the sector.
Our teams cover all key charity teams/departments such as fundraising, marketing or finance, but what really sets Harris Hill apart is that we specialise further still: fundraisers, for example can work with a consultant dedicated exclusively to their specific field, be it events, major donor fundraising, direct marketing, corporate partnerships, community fundraising or others.
And because they specialise in these areas right across the sector (rather than working on a limited number of accounts) we're always able to connect you with the widest possible range of relevant opportunities.