This job is situated in Ashanti, but it's a remote job that provides the flexibility to work from any location with an internet connection. Work experience in the same field for at least 60 months is a crucial requirement for this job. Since the employer does not disclose the salary, you may have the opportunity to negotiate additional perks, such as vacation time or stock options. 2023-03-07 marked the start of the job opportunity for the Cyber Security Engineer (M/F) role, which will be removed on 2023-04-04. AFRICASHORE offers several full time positions, but make sure that the work structure and expectations align with your career aspirations before you apply.
Position : Cyber Security Engineer (M/F)We are looking for Cyber Security Engineer profiles / CVs to share with our clients for their future recruitment campaigns. Mission:
- Act as an internal subject matter expert with respect to CVA scanning and reporting. Assist in maintenance of the enterprise to VMLC (Vulnerability Management Life Cycle) policy and associated VM standard.
- Conduct required tasks for the vulnerability scanning program and publish reported vulnerabilities to impacted teams for remediation.
- Triage and risk rank vulnerabilities according to severity and exposure. Work with Product and IT teams to risk rank and patch vulnerabilities related to the technology stack. Develop remediation plans for vulnerabilities.
- Maintenance of an executive level dashboard and actionable metrics that reflect the current enterprise security posture.
- Scan and report on the appropriate configuration standards, to ensure baselines are being met and compliance drift is managed.
- Initiate improvement activity to reduce risk, ensure compliance, lower cost, and improve quality within IT processes.
- Conduct/support periodic risk assessments and develop appropriate mitigation plans in support of deliverables.
- Continuous review of configuration management and vulnerability management posture inside the company and knowledge of all external developments that could impact the CVA posture, including vendor patches, zero-day exploits, end-of-life systems or deprecated services.
- The ideal Endpoint Security Ops Engineer will be adept in learning new security capabilities, adaptable, take initiative, and be a team player.
Required profile for job ad : Cyber Security Engineer (M/F)
- Bachelors degree in Cloud Computing or related.
- 5+ years experience in security engineering and development.
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously with critical and creative thinking.
- Experience with Cloud technologies.
- Maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Ability to priorities multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Qualys or other security vulnerability detection technology required.
- Demonstrate subject-matter expert level understanding in multiple IT, Security and Software disciplines.
- Ability to understand the cause and effect of application vulnerabilities with Operating System Vulnerabilities.
- Must be able to multi-task and keep track of large amounts of information across disparate systems.
- Demonstrate technical security expertise in a variety of Cloud platforms.
- Comfortable interfacing with other internal or external organisations regarding problems that must be addressed to enhance security posture.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Moderate documentation and analytical skills; documenting processes, policies and standards.
- Moderate ability to provide end to end support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of complex enterprise initiatives.
- Moderate trouble shooting skills across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environments.
- Moderate ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Basic knowledge of malware operation, indicators or threat.
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape.
Job criteria for job ad : Cyber Security Engineer (M/F)
- IT, software engineering, Internet
- Ashanti - Brong Ahafo - Central - Eastern - Greater Accra - Northern - Upper East - Upper West - Volta - Western - International
- Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract - Freelance
AFRICASHORE is an IT offshoring platform connecting IT experts and freelancers based in Africa to companies in Africa, Europe, USA, Canada and UAE remotely. Our partners, IT services companies and large groups, trust us to find them the best offshore Africa-based IT freelance consultants.
To ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams, there are several things you need to keep in mind before applying for jobs online. Before applying for any job, make sure to research the company thoroughly to verify its authenticity and credibility. Always be wary of job postings that ask for your bank account or credit card information, as this information could be used for fraudulent activity. A professional job posting will typically provide a clear and formal process for scheduling and conducting interviews. Stay safe by avoiding job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for any transactions. Be careful with personal information, especially when applying for jobs on social media. Always be wary of job postings that promise high pay for little work or no experience. Make sure that the job is not a scam and the company is hiring by contacting them directly. It's important to make sure you are on the authentic envy-mag.com website to keep yourself safe.
Our IT offshoring platform is present in 37 countries in Africa with a database of 230,000+ IT experts and freelancers classified into 303 IT specialties around 9 IT fields: Database Administration and NoSQL - Network and Telecom Security - ERP and Integrated Management Software - Big Data, Data Science and Business Intelligence (BI) - Programming, Development - IT Project Management - Consulting, Audit, Coaching and Training - Digital Marketing, SEO, Design and Multimedia - Production, Operations and Support.
Freelancers, work remotely from Africa on IT projects around the world!
Companies, outsource with AFRICASHORE your IT teams and projects offshore to Africa!
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.africashore.com
Useful link(s) for this job
- click apply button below
If you have examined this job vacancy carefully, now is the time to make a decision. We welcome applications from individuals who have carefully reviewed this job posting and feel that they can meet the expectations. It is important to us that applicants have a clear understanding of the job expectations and responsibilities before applying. When it comes to job applications, it's better to take a little extra time to ensure that your work is accurate and complete than to rush and make mistakes.
This vacancy has been closed