Position : Global Sr. Manager, Demand Generation
VisionSpring is seeking a strategic, innovative and dynamic Global Senior Manager for Demand Generation marketing and innovation to provide vision, leadership and strategic direction for VisionSpring and its coalition partnerships in multiple markets.
The Senior Manager will design, shape and execute comprehensive and multifaceted marketing programs to generate demand for vision screenings and eyeglasses, furthering the VisionSpring objective to accelerate the use of eyeglasses in emerging and frontier markets and the collective aim to work together to achieve clear vision for all.
This role will be charged with building on and growing the efforts that have been seeded in selected countries by supporting and developing local teams and activating partners to dig deep into consumer and cultural insights, identify the ecosystem influencers and opportunities, innovate new approaches to customer engagement and experiences, create creative campaigns, drive collective action, deepen partner relationships, and identify new avenues of impact and revenue.
The Senior Manager is anticipated to have an evolving portfolio of strategic projects that are for VisionSpring-specific programs (33%) as well as for collaborative action partners (66%). VisionSpring initiatives are likely to focus on demand generation and mobilization initiatives for our Pharmacy channel and the Reading Glasses for Improved Livelihoods Program and Livelihoods in Focus initiative that cross-cut key markets. Collaborative action initiatives will advance the objectives to the Clear Vision Collective in Bangladesh (and potentially Uganda); and emerging demand generation initiatives of the Coalition for Clear Vision in India and Kenya.
The Senior Manager will be part of VisionSpring’s Global Marketing and Communications team and will report to the Global Director of Marketing and Communications, Heather Koehn. The Senior Manager will be contracted by VisionSpring, and will be seconded to the collaborative action portfolio, working with the executive directors and in-country coordinators of the CVC and CCV as clients and collaborators. The Senior Manager will serve as a senior member of coalition marketing committees, partnering with the local leaders to help deliver collective impact on overall well-being an prosperity, via eye health and clear vision through eyeglasses.
The Senior Manager‘s role will be jointly funded by VisionSpring and National Vision, both of which are steering committee members of Coalition for Clear Vision. As such the Senior Manager will provide periodic updates to Jacqueline Grove, Senior Vice President at National Vision, responsible for philanthropy.
The Senior Manager will ideally be based in Ghana or Kenya, but will address global initiatives.
- VisionSpring is creating access to affordable eyewear, everywhere. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
- As a social enterprise, social change motivates us first. Our focus on sales and revenue targets serves and advances our mission objective—to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for our low-income consumers by correcting refractive errors with eyeglasses.
- We are working to transform the systemic dysfunction of an optical market that has failed to deliver eyeglasses—a 700-year-old technology—to 1.1 billion consumers in need of vision correction, most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
- We serve low-income consumers, not as beneficiaries but as customers. Our customers expect a high-quality and affordable product, and they will spend limited discretionary income for the immediate and tangible benefits of vision correction.
- By selling eyeglasses, we awaken new demand and seed a viable market. By selling new eyeglasses we are able to serve four times as many people per dollar input than the alternative of donating recycled ones. To efficiently scale, we must deliver each new unit with lower cost.
- We run our business on both sales metrics and social impact measures. We use a range of organizational forms and practices to get the job done.
- We believe in scaling our impact, not our organization. We are a lean team of doers.
What You’ll Do
The specific responsibilities of the Senior Manager, includes but are not limited to:
Demand Generation Campaign Development and Execution
- Guide qualitative and quantitative research with local and technical experts for strategy and creative development, including knowledge, attitude and practices (KAP) surveys, and market/customer segmentation.
- Develop a customer-centric approach across the consumer journey.
- Design, plan and execute creative demand generation campaigns with local partners.
- Oversee requests for proposal (RFP) process to contract and engage external parties
- Guide creatives in developing collateral and campaign content
- Engage team members and partner organizations in using their capacity and relationships to deliver campaigns in community VisionSpring Position Description, 2024: Global Senior Manager, Demand Generation.
- Pilot innovative demand generation strategies and tactics. Test and roll-out integrated marketing campaigns across various channels, including social, print, and grassroots initiatives and community activation.
- Support collective action for greater impact, including oversight of project workplans and progress.
- Build brand awareness, understanding and equity.
Knowledge sharing and toolkit dissemination
- Measure effectiveness and capture lessons learned for future initiatives.
- Analyze and synthesize campaign performance across markets.
- Extract key insights into the efficacy of different campaign elements, tactics and approaches.
- Synthesize results into actionable recommendations and best practices. Create evidence-based marketing toolkits – templates, guidelines and case studies – that stakeholders can adapt and utilize in their own contexts.
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions to disseminate toolkit content, share knowledge and empower organizations across the eyecare sector their marketing and demand generation efforts.
- You foster the development of ideas and solutions, drawing on and synthesizing insights from customers and data.
- You inspire unique strategies, testing and improving upon them to about desired customer behaviors.
- You adapt to different cultural contexts, market dynamics, and unforeseen challenges.
- You are flexible and adjust to suit diverse markets.
- You build strong relationships within your team and with partners/clients with diverse perspectives.
- You build trust and foster collaboration across borders and amid competing priorities.
- You apply lean principles to optimize resources.
- You identify unique team strengths and market leverage points to achieve the best possible results.
- You shine in conveying ideas and information in clear, expressive language – written, spoken, and visual.
- You are quick to get thoughts on paper and ensure messages are well-received.