2023-03-17 marked the beginning of the job opportunity for the Surveyor In Charge, Principal at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) role, which will close on 2023-03-30. This job vacancy requires that you have a minimum qualification of bachelor degree to apply. The company has a job opening in Accra, but is open to considering candidates from other areas or remote workers who meet the necessary qualifications. This position requires the worker to work at Accra, Accra. Since the salary is not exposed by the employer, you can negotiate based on the company's corporate culture and values. American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) offers full time jobs for those who want to gain new skills. This job mandates that you have gained 36 months of work experience in the same field.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
About The Job
It's important to be cautious when applying for jobs online to avoid job scams and fraudulent job postings. Don't hesitate to seek out additional information or do your own research on a company before applying for a job. Avoid sharing personal information such as your date of birth or passport number unless it is required for a background check or legal documentation. If a job posting asks for payment in exchange for a job, it's likely a scam. Job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for any reason should be avoided. Keep an eye out for job postings that require you to work from home and send money to the company. A reputable employer will not conduct interviews solely via text or email, so it's important to be cautious if this is the case. Conducting research on the company is an important step in the job search process to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. Confirm that the job posting is legitimate and the company is hiring by getting in touch with them.
The Principal Surveyor-in-Charge leads and manages the direct, daily survey/operations for a specific location (i.e., port, station, country, shipyard, client site, etc.) in alignment with ABS Operating Principles and Mission.
- This position is responsible for the effective execution and management of service delivery, resources, productivity, quality, policy, compliance, safety, training, coaching, and employee development for the specific location.
- This position provides location-specific information for business planning, and effectively communicates and achieves location-specific performance metrics to meet business outcomes. This position may execute individual billable survey work and/or projects as required by the business.
What You Will Do
- Leads safe and efficient survey activities through individuals to meet business outcomes related to service delivery, labor/productivity, budget, quality, policy, compliance, training, development, and safety.
- Lead and execute the Survey & Certification Core Process within the assigned location
- Promote a culture of safety and safe working conditions,
- Manage individual and team performance, training, coaching, and development to meet current and long long-term rational and business needs to, including succession.
- Meet or exceed company key performance metrics and goals associated with organizational business outcomes for the specific location.
- Act as a professional specialist and resource in the application of Rules, Guides, regulatory requirements, concepts, principles, and processes; as well as marine and/or offshore technical requirements.
- Maintain relationships with local Port State authorities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Support the development of both strategic and short-term manpower needs for qualified, trained survey staff based on location location-specific climate to execute survey operations.
- Maintain awareness of, and effectively communicate across the organization, applicable information related to changes in business environment, marketing needs/opportunities, competitor landscape, service delivery requirements, technical challenges, and potential new sales and/or existing account opportunities.
- Communicate ABS services and capabilities to clients as appropriate and provide feedback and business intelligence to global departments as needed.
- Directly conduct survey work as required to meet business needs.
- Provide budget input to the Area Operations Manager.
- Support additional Core Processes as needed to achieve specified organizational business outcomes.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Typically, three (3) years working as a Senior Surveyor or equivalent.
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two (2) years program); or
- Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation, and teambuilding skills in conducting and/or supporting survey activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as marine and/or offshore technical requirements.
- Experience executing surveys across various disciplines.
- Ability to read engineering plans and technical specifications and understand marine and/or offshore engineering systems, structure, machinery, and systems as well as shipbuilding and vessel operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak well in group and/or client-facing environments. English language fluency to conduct detailed technical communication/interaction.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability with the skill to propose and convey solutions effectively.
- Client/Customer service-focused demeanor with an emphasis on responsiveness and communication
- Ability to work well in a team setting as well as cross-functionally, with a focus on building internal/external professional relationships in support of operational business requirements.
- Ability to manage key performance indicators to meet business outcomes.
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems.
- Reports directly to Senior Level Leadership.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) on hbbq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com
Click Apply Button Below
To avoid wasting time and effort, read the job posting carefully before applying. We want to ensure that this job is a good fit for you before you commit to submitting an application. Accuracy is a reflection of your professionalism and attention to detail, so make it a top priority in your job applications. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are passionate about this job opportunity and can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements. In addition, if you're looking for a job with a different company size or structure, there are other job vacancies on envy-mag.com that might be a better fit.
This vacancy has been closed