Amazon Air Job Overview
You’re on your way to joining Amazon Air and being part of the dedicated team that sorts packages in the warehouse or loads packages onto the aircraft – helping ensure customers receive their orders on time. Plus, you’ll gain experience in a new industry that is transferable for an air cargo career. It’s a great way to launch a career and Amazon provides all of the training. Why You’ll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Unique Workplace. You may work in a warehouse setting or in an open-air setting near the aircraft.
- Shift Flexibility. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less). All roles have fixed schedules with varied shift times. Learn more about our schedules.
- Schedule options. Amazon Air operates 24/7 and offers a variety of shifts that meet your needs. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks and three-day weekends. Find out more about our shifts.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills & training. Learn how to use special equipment, such as Ground Support Equipment (GSE) to move cargo between the warehouse, airport ramp, and aircraft. Types of equipment include K-loaders, tug tractors, belt loaders, and ground power units (GPU). These skills will be transferable for an Air Cargo career.
Why You’ll Love Amazon
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture. What it’s like at an Amazon Air Station
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You may be working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, mobile carts, and aircraft, in the gateway and on the tarmac.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required and protective safety footwear are required in select business units. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
- Load and unload aircraft and trucks
- Remove tie-downs and other gear when loading and unloading
- Prepare packages for sortation and load onto containers
- Weigh, label, or make/break-down gaylords or air containers
You’ll also need to be able to:
- Handle, move, and stack boxes
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, powered industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Work outdoors in different weather conditions
- In accordance with FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and DHS (Department of Homeland Security) requirements, applicants must successfully complete a criminal background check to obtain access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA) and must be able to secure the appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing if conducting safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA. Federal law also requires Amazon to determine an applicant's DOT drug and/or alcohol testing history prior to hiring him/her into a position that would require them to conduct safety sensitive functions as defined by the FAA.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.
How To Get Started
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence may be required; a commercial driver’s license is not required.
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.