The salary for this job, provided that you are successful in your application, is $90,305/year. The job opportunity is based in Hybrid, but it is possible for the company to accept applications from candidates living elsewhere if they possess the required skills. You can execute this work remotely or physically at Hybrid remote, Hybrid remote, depending on your preference and availability. Coastal Community Bank offers full time positions with a diverse team. To be considered for this job vacancy, it is essential to have obtained bachelor degree. The job opportunity for Benefits and Wellness Administrator was posted on 2023-03-03, and it will end on 2023-06-01.
About Us: Coastal Community Bank is a little bit of banking and a little bit of tech-ing. The people at Coastal don't just help people with their banking; they help reshape how banking technology allows and serves EVERYONE. We think and work like entrepreneurs, always moving and constantly improving. We care about each other, are go-getters, work hard, and play hard. If you're someone who thrives on innovation, wants to help others succeed, knows how to think outside the box, and believes that we're all in this together - you belong here.
Job Summary: The Benefits Administrator position is responsible for directing, planning, and processing the day-to-day operations of the group benefits programs. This position will also manage and coordinate all Leaves of Absence. This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and manages and monitors benefits administration. This role will be the subject matter expert for all things relating to employee benefits and able to administer plans and programs within a multi-state environment while remaining compliant with rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Review both short and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Develop a long-term wellness & benefits communication plan.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to other HR and/or benefits staff.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine benefits cost changes.
- Assist in negotiating with vendors and administrators for best plans, options, and rates. Act as primary contact for all service providers
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document procedures for benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident, and death claims. May assist with administration of retirement plans.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database, collaborate with payroll for accurate payroll benefit records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze health and dental claims for trends, recommend efficiencies and cost savings ideas.
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by other department staff as it pertains to benefits.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; Excel, Word; Teams, OneNote; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with other department staff.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make recommendations on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience preferred.
- Experience managing a self-insured, unbundled plan for large groups preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and/or CEBS professional designations preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Before you start applying for jobs online, make sure you know these critical elements to avoid falling victim to fraudulent job postings. Companies that conduct interviews through email or text may not be legitimate. Before applying for the job, it is crucial to contact the company directly to confirm its authenticity and that they are currently hiring. Genuine job opportunities do not require you to pay money before you start working. Avoid sharing sensitive personal information with potential employers until you have established their legitimacy and trustworthiness. Look for job postings that provide clear and detailed information about the job and company. Use caution when applying for jobs posted on social media or other non-traditional job sites. Don't provide your credit card information to a potential employer, even if they say it's for a background check. It's important to research the company before applying for any job to avoid job scams and to ensure that it's a legitimate and credible organization. Don't put yourself at risk by browsing a website that isn't the verified envy-mag.com.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must:
- have the ability to sit for extended periods of time
- have the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- have the ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movement
- have ability to use electronic office equipment such as, computer keyboard and mouse, ten key, telephone, etc
- have the ability to endure prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- have the ability to view and read computer screen for extended periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Exempt
Pay: $75,254.00 - $105,355.00 per year
Location: This position requires in-office work in Everett, WA
- Coastal Community Bank offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and location
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with generous employer contribution
- Generous Vacation Time
- Flexible Wellness Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee assistance program
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Life insurance (up to twice annual salary at no cost)
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Technology Stipend
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Coastal Community Bank Account and Loan Perks
- Employee Logo Wear Allowance
It's essential to read this job listing carefully. If you have done so, it's time to make a decision. Please take the time to carefully read the job posting before submitting an application. It's better to take your time and submit a complete and accurate application than to rush and submit a sloppy one. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and meet the qualifications.