Data Entry Specialist
The Data Entry Specialist will play a crucial role as an operator in entering new provider information into the customer relationship management CRM software, (Salesforce) during provider onboarding. Beyond basic data entry, this role involves executing backend customer onboarding procedures to guarantee that new customers have all necessary materials, education, and system access. Close collaboration with Customer Service Representatives and the Sales Team is essential. Data Entry Specialists must engage with various teams to ensure customers are configured as expected for both internal and external stakeholders. This position demands exceptional attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, multitasking abilities, flexibility in handling tasks and schedules, and the capacity to work both independently and within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Verify all required information is provided by the internal requestor before initiating provider onboarding, and collect information where needed
- Enter new provider information into CRM including basic account and contact details
- Verify new providers to ensure they meet requirements to order testing
- Synchronize CRM (Salesforce) data with laboratory information management system (LIMS), ensuring data is accurately passed between each system
- Accurately enter patient information and orders into the designated systems with a focus on precision and timeliness
- Provide user access to Provider Portal & Support Portal (GSP)
- Configure result notifications based on provider preference within provider portal
- Facilitate ordering of initial supplies and send a welcome correspondence to each new provider via email
- Accurately document provider onboarding progression and completion in CRM for audit and tracking purposes
- Identify process inefficiencies, and recommend where processes can be improved
- Identify trending issues, and help develop standard procedure for avoiding and mitigating such issues
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory operations and a willingness to contribute to processes within the company
- Document interactions in a clear, concise, and thorough manner, andensure proper completion of tasks during scheduled working hours
- Maintain the highest level of courtesy and hospitality under all conditions
- Embody values and communicate with others in accordance with these standards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of products and procedures
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- Remain flexible in role and assist other teams within Customer Service when appropriate
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to customer service
- Comply with policies regarding Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Chemical Hazards, Illness and Injury Prevention, Fire Safety, and Quality Assurance.
- Abide by CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, and other state, federal, and regulatory guidelines as required
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 1 year customer service or data entry experience in the laboratory or closely-related field.
- Strong computer, internet, and software operation skills required.
- MacOS experience (Apple computer) required.
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Google Workspace experience preferred.
- Jira/Confluence experience preferred.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute (WPN) with minimum 98% accuracy required.
- Strong communication with co-workers and manager.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accept, integrate, and apply constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly.
- Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in a remote work environment.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- This position will occasionally require work at night, on weekends, and on holidays.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $20.17 - $24.29 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote