The salary for this job, if you are offered the position, is $70,000/year. This position is based in Sioux Falls, but the company is open to considering applicants from outside the area who possess the necessary skills. The work location for this vacancy is Sioux Falls, SD, 57105. 2023-02-26 marked the release of the job opportunity for the Director of Employee Experience and Development role, which will no longer be open after 2023-05-27. If you're interested in a career that offers a work-life balance, Minnehaha Country Club has several full time jobs available that may fit your needs. It is imperative to fulfill the requirement of passing associate degree for this job vacancy.
The Minnehaha Country Club is celebrating our 118th year of operations, and we are excited to expand our administrative team to create a new human resources position to help enrich our onboarding and team culture. We are seeking a creative, team-oriented, and “people-first” professional to join our team. Minnehaha Country Club is Sioux Falls’ premier country club, operates year-round and serves membership of approximately 740 families. The Club features an immaculate championship 18-hole golf course and one of the finest restaurants in Sioux Falls, as well as swimming, tennis, and fitness amenities.
The Director of Employee Experience and Development will report to the Club’s Chief Operating Officer, will manage the Club’s personnel recruitment, retention, and benefit programs to position MCC as an employer of choice in the region. He/she will actively promote the Minnehaha Country Club brand, serve as an ambassador for the club, and operate at all times with the highest degree of professionalism, teamwork, and effective communication.
The Director of Employee Experience and Development will assist the Club’s management team with recruitment, selection and orientation of new staff members. He/she will process bi-weekly payroll, administer payroll records and assure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local wage and hour, Worker’s Compensation and related regulations. Manage and negotiate the club’s health insurance, retirement, and other benefits programs; collaborate with the Controller and COO/GM as necessary. Coordinate risk management and safety programs, and assure a high standard of professional conduct, teamwork, and communication.
Compensation and Benefits
- The Director of Employee Experience and Development is a full-time, exempt position and offers a base salary of $60,000 - $80,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The Club will offer an excellent benefit package that includes: performance bonus, health, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and dependents, holiday and paid time off, 401k retirement plan with company contributions, opportunities for continuing professional development, employee meals, complimentary golf, and discounts on merchandise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and executes recruitment strategies to achieve desired club-wide staffing levels; develops and places recruitment ads; assists hiring managers with applicant screening and interviews; makes hiring recommendations and coordinates with new employees to ensure the completion of all necessary employment forms.
- Curates and maintains a comprehensive and high quality employee onboarding experience; personally leads new hire orientations, tours, and introductions to key staff.
- Assists department heads the development and implementation in planning of inter-department orientation, training programs, and professional development.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll through the club’s third party processor and assists department heads as needed to resolve omissions.
- Manages the club’s group insurance, retirement (401k), unemployment and related benefits programs; proposes potential enhancements to the COO/GM; communicates benefits information to staff.
- Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations in all benefit plans and programs, and assists employees with all benefit questions or concerns.
- Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions.
- Coordinates, monitors and suggests improvements for the club’s employee performance appraisal system and retention programs.
- Regularly reviews and recommends updates to the employee handbook and personnel-related policies.
- Plans and conducts applicable club-wide training programs, benefits orientations, and employee activities and recognition functions such as the holiday party, work anniversaries, birthdays, etc. as appropriate.
- Collaborates with department heads to investigate employee violations of club policies; advises and assists department managers with corrective action, discipline, discharge and related employment matters as necessary.
- Maintains club’s personnel files and coordinates record-keeping in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Oversees all work-related injury claims to ensure integrity, ongoing case management and reporting; assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations; advises club management as necessary.
- Maintains OSHA-related logs and reports as required by law.
- Keeps current and adheres to all standards required by all applicable federal, state and other laws and regulations, and files all compliance reports with the respective federal and state agencies.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Assists Administrative Assistant/Receptionist in answering phone calls as needed.
- Performs other appropriate assignments and projects as required.
It's essential to be aware of some crucial factors when applying for jobs online to avoid job scams and fraudulent job postings. It's important to research the company before applying for any job to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. Keep your guard up and remain skeptical of any job posting that seems suspicious or makes unrealistic promises. Do not share your personal bank account details with potential employers unless you're confident of their legitimacy. Before applying for the job, it is crucial to contact the company directly to confirm its authenticity and that they are currently hiring. Legitimate employers typically conduct interviews in person or over the phone, not just via text or email. Avoid job postings that require you to buy something or join a program to get started. If a job posting requires payment for training or anything else, it's likely a scam. Always double-check the email address and domain of the sender before responding to job offers or inquiries.
Knowledge, Experience and Abilities
- Associate’s degree in human resources, personnel management, organizational development, education, or equivalent work experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in human resources positions. Hospitality industry HR experience is preferred.
- Specialized training in employee relations, training, employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, or labor relations preferred.
- Prior experience in administration of benefits and HR programs preferred.
- Energetic ambassador of club culture, with the demonstrated ability as anactive and empathetic listener.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English. Comprehension of detailed instructions, and the ability to compose professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a variety of settings, from one-on-one to audiences of 100+.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- General knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices.
- Working knowledge of club policies, by-laws and employment practices.
- Technical competency in Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, web browsing. Experience with HCM/Payroll systems, CRM systems, database management, record keeping and filing preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position requires 40 hours per week; weekend and holiday work may be required from time to time.
- This is a typical office environment; you must be able to reach, bend, stretch, twist, stoop, and stand.
- You must be able to push and lift up to 40 pounds safely, must be able to sit for prolonged periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you're interested in applying, please provide a resume and cover letter highlighting your passion within human resources, culture development, and your ability as a collaborative teammate via this job portal; no phone calls please.
Minnehaha Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
- Please Note: This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you have weighed the potential benefits and drawbacks of this job opening, now is the time to make a decision. If you are excited about this job opportunity and feel that you meet the expectations, please submit your application. We want all applicants to feel confident and excited about this job opportunity. Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly lead to mistakes and oversights – take the time to ensure that your work is accurate and complete. Furthermore, if this job vacancy doesn't meet your expectations, envy-mag.com has other job vacancies to consider.