Food Service Worker / Cashier
Bronx Zoo Food Service Worker / Cashier
Starting at $15 / hr
PERKS of Working with Us :
- Free employee access to 5 Parks : surround yourself with animals of all kinds and getting the opportunity to interact and engage with like-minded individuals
- Complimentary Parking
- Complimentary Guest Park Tickets (After 45 days)
- Company provided uniforms
- Park Discounts on Merchandise, Food purchases, Memberships and Daily Complimentary Meal
- Serve Safe Certification Training / Food Handler Certification Reimbursements
- Access to online learning and tuition discounts with Monroe College
- Earned Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Banking
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in team oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to frequently lift / transport hot food items.
- Ability to work safely in environment with heat, steam and other at risk conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays; weekday hours also available
Overview of Responsibilities
- Set up and break down work stations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station - including trash removal, sweeping / mopping and general cleanliness
- Knowledge of food product, identification and acceptable level of food quality
- Maintain Department of Health standards at all times and participate in inspections
- Rotate and change food holding containers as needed
- Requirements may include preparation of food according to recipes and protocols set, including operating food preparation equipment
- Ensuring proper portion sizes to maintain food costs
- Assist in other areas of production as needed
- Perform cash handling functions, including operating the POS
- General customer service
Additional Job Functions
- Adhere to daily / weekly / monthly cleaning schedules as posted and directed by management
- Ensure that all work locations are neat, clean, organized and safe
- Provide consistent quality throughout menu and ensure the proper preparation and holding of products.
- Completion of any reasonable request or assigned tasks by Management
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all staff.
- Maintain general knowledge of park attractions and amenities so as to provide superior customer service.
- Follow all WCS rules and regulations.
- Remove debris and empty trash receptacles from restaurant seating and public areas.
- General sanitation of restaurant grounds.
- Deep cleaning of equipment, walls, floors, ceilings etc. as assigned
- Operate light weight grounds equipment if needed (i.e. pressure washer, leaf blower, etc.)
- Adhere to local, state, and federal cleanliness, food handling, food storage procedures
Full vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all open WCS positions in the United States. If you believe you are entitled to an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at HR wcs.org
Posted in May 17, 2022
Expired in August 17, 2022