Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC REX Holly Springs Perianesthesia Nurse will coordinate and provide the pre and postoperative care of the surgical patient.
The nurses provide 4 phases of care, including, pre-admission, pre-operative, phase I post anesthesia care and phase II post anesthesia care.
Surgical service lines include general, orthopedics, ophthalmology, GYN, vascular and endoscopy. Our highest priority is patient safety and providing exceptional patient care every day to every patient.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager / Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs.
With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient / family / caregivers.
Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care - Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care.
Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
3. Implementation - Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care.
Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care.
Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient / family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and / or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership - With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor.
Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra / interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities.
Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment.
Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all.
5. Patient Assessment - Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs.
Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families.
Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient / family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care.
Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care.
Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
Other information :
Education Requirements :
Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
Licensure / Certification Requirements :
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements :
One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge / Skills / and Abilities Requirements :
Legal Employer : NCHEALTH
Entity : UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit : HS Surgical Services
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 36.00
Work Schedule : Variable
Location of Job : US : NC : Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt : No