Herr Foods Inc. is the largest privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor in the country, we are based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1600+ employees are pretty spectacular! We have been committed for the last 75 years to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable place to work!
ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $250.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the Route Sales position, joining our Somerset, NJ team.
- SALARY RANGE : Opportunity to earn up to $50,000-$55,000 annually
- SCHEDULE : S plit-week schedule off Wednesday and Sunda y , approximately 45- 50 hours a week.
- BENEFITS : This position is full-time benefit eligible, elective benefits include :
- Medical, dental, hearing and vision insurance.
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Paid Employee referral program.
Job Summary :
Safely drives step-van delivery truck over any assigned route to sell, deliver, and merchandise products, as well as provide excellent customer service to a variety of grocery, mass merchandise, and independent chain stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Sell, deliver, stock and merchandise Herr's brand snack foods to grocery retail and independent chain stores.
- Progressively increase current customer sales volume. This includes and is not limited to :
- Building relationships with key decision makers
- Providing excellent customer service
- Inquiring about customer needs
- Communicating product knowledge and suggestive selling
- Increase customer base by soliciting new accounts
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs by acquiring temporary and incremental product displays, shelving, and racks.
- Rotate and provide credit to accounts for stale or damaged items in order to provide the freshest product.
- Process orders by entering product codes into hand-held computers.
- Collect cash from customers and accurately process associated invoices
- Manage daily accuracy of product inventory.
- Conduct daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection, and maintain a clean truck
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the current state of residence.
- Must possess and excellent driving record.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No DUI’s within the past 3 years
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must pass a job-related assessment with a score of 70% or better.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
- Able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Possess a stable work history with good references.
- Display evidence of sound judgment and have the ability to adapt quickly to different work and driving conditions.
- Possess strong communication, persuasion, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, driving and lifting up to 32 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 48 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 40 pounds
Benefit (Details) :
- Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance;
- long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay;
EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or recruitment herrs.com
Herr Foods Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M / F / Veterans / Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
This vacancy has been closed