Seas Husbandry Associate
As a Seas Husbandry Associate, you will develop the skills of how to care for aquatic animals and habitats and be a starting point for a career in aquarium science and aquatic animal care.
The primary responsibilities are to support daily routines for the Animal Care Team which include diet preparation, habitat maintenance and cleaning, small filtration system maintenance, saltwater mixing, and other tasks.
You will report to the Zoological Manager.
- Help maintain life support systems and animal care of smaller aquatic exhibits featuring fish, corals, and other invertebrates
- Prepare daily diets for aquarium fish, sea turtles, and invertebrates
- Learn how to feed and train a variety of fish, rays, and shark species
- Collect and record data on feeding and animal training and perform water quality tests and necropsies.
- Record observations in journals and computerized record keeping systems
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas and equipment according to USDA and other standards
- Create detailed observations and maintain accurate records and notes
- Help facilitate building and exhibit maintenance by providing escort an access to contractors and service professionals needing to work in areas housing animals
- Create memorable experiences for our guests, by providing care possible for Disney's aquatic creatures.
- Inspire future marine scientists, by sharing your experience
Basic Qualifications :
- A valid U.S. Driver's License
- Comfortability with swimming and experience working in and around salt water
- Knowledge of working safely with chemicals and be familiar with proper handling of materials and Safety Data Sheets
- Previous experience providing care to aquatic animals in an aquarium or zoo setting
- Be comfortable with heavy lifting up to 50lbs
- Skills in safely handling seafood and use personal protective equipment to prepare animal diets
- Proficiency in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment and other technologies
- Schedule availability to include weekends, variable shifts, and holidays
Preferred Qualifications :
- Basic Knowledge of fish behavior, physiology, general biology, nutritional requirements, and reproductive needs
- SCUBA Basic and Rescue certified
- First Aid for Divers
Required Education :
High School Education or equivalent
Preferred Education :
Associate Degree or higher in Aquarium Science or related field of study
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks : Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at https : / / jobs.disneycareers.com / benefits .
Posted in June 10, 2022
Expired in September 10, 2022