Find A Job
Roles and Responsibilities
● Prepare and maintain proper books of account and financial reports for all activities relating to the client and related departments. This includes the amalgamation of all incomes and expenditures from all sections of the Trust.
● Avail, in a timely manner, accounting records and financial statements for internal and external audit purposes; and to satisfactorily respond to all queries raised by such audits.
● Maintain a schedule of all donor activities, at a minimum by donor-by-activity/project.
● Ensure that all donor funds are directed in a manner in which the funds were intended. This includes following the provisions of all MOU's with each donor in the allocation of funds and implementation of projects.
● Prepare and present annual budgets for all departments to the Trustees for review and approval. Upon approval, oversee the implementation and monitoring of actual vs budget checks.
● Ensure 100% compliance with all the regulatory provisions affecting our client. This includes legal provisions, tax and other related regulations, and all other pronouncements or regulations that will be released from time to time.
● Prepare and submit all the necessary regulatory returns to the respective regulators.
● Perform routine financial and accounting activities including, but not limited to.
● Ensure the daily completeness and accuracy of all GL accounts, including the summary reports (income and expenditure statements, balance sheetsand cash flow statements).
● Review bank statements and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
● Review Petty cash vouchers charged to restricted funds for codes, descriptions & balances prior to the Finance Director's (FD's) approval;
● Review Restricted GL's on a weekly basis to note accuracy of postings and pass timely corrections.
● Review LPO's charged to restricted funds prior to the FD and MET Trustees approval.
● Advise FD on fully utilized funds so that they are blocked within the system and no further costs incurred.
● Ensure timeliness of donor reports to meet the set deadlines.
● Prepare monthly management reports for presentation to the FD and Trustees.
● Prepare donors listing with prior year comparisons for annual audit by 15th January of the following year.
● Prepare yearly audit confirmations as required to donors.
● Prepare ad hoc donor reports as required on instruction of the immediate supervisor.
● Pass adjustment/correction journals monthly after review and approval by the FD.
● Ensure that 3 visits are carried out to ongoing projects monthly.
● Establish and maintain electronic and hard files for all major & sensitive records.
● Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The job holder must possess:
● Degree in accounting or finance from a recognized University.
● CPA / ACCA.
● Minimum of three (3) years' work experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office.
● Knowledge of Kenya VAT, Income Tax and other statutory regulations.
● Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures.