International Rescue Committee is accepting resumes for their full time job openings. The job vacancy named Employee Relations Partner at International Rescue Committee was made available on 2023-03-15, and it will be removed on 2023-03-29. You have the chance to negotiate your salary with the employer since they do not disclose it. While this position is based in Nairobi, the company is open to the possibility of hiring remote workers who meet the qualifications. The work office is situated at Nairobi, Nairobi. To be considered for this job, you need to have 72 months of work experience in the same field. This job vacancy requires that you have passed bachelor degree to be eligible for the position.
Are you passionate about the potential of applying positive Employee Relations practices, to have a meaningful impact in a humanitarian organization? This role sits within Global Employee Relations. This role upholds safe work environments through collaboration with HR colleagues in support of positive employee relations objectives, as well as in-depth and confidential review of critical allegations. As Employee Relations Partner you will lead the full lifecycle of workplace reviews, and act as a trusted advisor to guide and equip HR colleagues in timely and consistent resolution of workplace issues. Using your HR knowledge and experience, you will recommend sound corrective actions and opportunities for improvement on complex behavioral issues. An understanding of laws, regulations, concepts and standard methodologies, ability to establish trust, credibility, best judgment, and cultural proficiency is essential for success in this exciting role. This role has global scope, with focus on the East Africa region.
- Conduct multiple thorough, fair, and timely reviews and assessments of complex ER issues in a fast-paced environment, including intake meetings, background research, interviews, and de-brief meetings with various partners.
- Provide direction and partner with Country Program leadership and HR colleagues on a range of workplace matters.
- Prepare case overview summaries, findings, recommendations and final reports, written clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with compelling presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions to IRC Leadership
- Prepare and finalize reports in English that are clearly and well written with appropriate presentation of facts, analysis, and conclusions, and in accordance with IRC guidelines.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of laws, regulations, concepts, and practices applicable to workplace reviews and assessments, and all aspects of employment, and provide consultation and advice to a variety of partners, as needed.
- Establish trustful and supportive professional relationships, engaging with diverse partners in the US and global context. Discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process.
- Develop and deliver education programs and trainings designed to proactively address employee relations issues, promote standard methodology and improve compliance.
- Build capacity of HR colleagues in the management of employee relations reviews and assessments. Develop and lead interactive training in virtual and in-person settings.
- Passion for IRC's humanitarian mission!
- 6-8 years related experience in Human Resources, Employee Relations or as a Workplace Investigator, preferably in an in-house environment, including experience conducting employee relations reviews and providing guidance on complex and sometimes urgent employee relations issues.
- Experience with management of highly critical information, and ability to maintain confidentiality, including legal and financial information.
- Proven track record of interacting respectfully with people from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures, and communicating effectively across multiple levels in a sophisticated global organization.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Management of multiple work demands with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional distributed team structure.
- Ability to determine own operating priorities, provide advice and develop recommendations, and implement plans, drawing upon knowledge and past experience when navigating complex issues.
- Ability to remain respectful, appreciative, and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations and conversations surrounding reviews and assessments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify legal issues.
- Excellent judgement and discretion.
- Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail, and a confirmed ability to prioritize and track reviews, assessments and initiatives across multiple teams and functions.
- Flexible work demeanor while being focused and reliable in an environment of multiple time zones and frequently changing demands in global context.
- Commitment to personal growth and development, and a willingness to regularly receive and act on performance feedback in pursuit of continuous professional growth.
Preferred experience & skills:
It's essential to take some necessary steps when applying for jobs online to ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams. Never give out personal information over text or email, especially during the job application process. To confirm the job posting's authenticity and the availability of the position, give the company a call. Use your common sense when assessing the legitimacy of a job posting. Be wary of job postings that require you to share your personal bank account information to receive payment. Legitimate job postings won't ask you to pay for anything upfront. Never enter personal information into a website that isn't the real envy-mag.com. Researching the company before applying for any job is crucial to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. When reviewing job postings, be sure to check if the company has an actual physical address and contact information, as these can help determine if the job posting is legitimate. Keep your personal information safe by verifying the legitimacy of the employer.
- Fluency in English and either French, Arabic or Spanish.
- Knowledge of challenges in the humanitarian sector in East Africa.
- Experience in workplace safeguarding.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 6 - 8 years
Job Field: Human Resources / HR
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee on rescue.csod.com
Click Apply Button Below
After reading this job vacancy carefully, it's time to make a decision. Have you done so? Please only apply for this job if you meet all of the qualifications and requirements. We are eager to receive applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and can meet the qualifications. The key to a successful job application is taking the time to ensure that your work is accurate and free of errors.
This vacancy has been closed