Find A Job
This job also requires that you have gained practical experience in the same field for at least 96 months. You can negotiate your salary with the employer based on the company's approach to workplace technology and innovation. This job vacancy demands that you have passed bachelor degree to be eligible. The STA Health job opportunity was announced on 2023-03-26, and it will expire on 2023-03-29. Even though this job is located in Nairobi, it is a remote position that can be completed from any place. International Rescue Committee is looking for full time candidates who are eager to learn.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) – Health (Country Support) will provide technical and managerial oversight to the team of regionally aligned Health technical Advisors (TAs), with support from a new STA. She/he is responsible for ensuring high quality health technical support to country programs working in close collaboration with STA-Health, STA- Health (Specialized Areas), STA-Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRHR), STA-Nutrition, STA-Environmental Health, STA-Emergency Health, and STA MEAL to develop technical norms and standards for country support as well as implement a plan for team capacity development. Job Requirements:
• Medical, nursing, or other clinical degree plus MPH or equivalent.
• At least 8 years public health experience in senior technical and management positions, including provision of remote technical support, with evidence of progressively increasing responsibilities.
• Demonstrated expertise in multiple technical areas (e.g., primary healthcare, child health, sexual and reproductive health), strategic areas (e.g., governance, health systems strengthening, cash programming in health programs and research), and program management and fund-raising (e.g., program development, proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation, and management of donor relations).
• Proven experience in strategic thinking, strategy development and implementation.
• Excellent leadership and team management experience and skills - the ability to lead a team, motivate staff and promote productivity, resolve conflict, and contributes to a pleasant work environment.
• Excellent communication skills - the ability to write professional documents, and create and deliver presentations to different audiences: project/program staff, management staff, mature professionals, policy makers, donors etc.
• Solid organizational skills - the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment.
• Professional-level fluency in English; French proficiency will be a huge plus. Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
When searching for jobs online, it's crucial to remember these essential tips to ensure that you find legitimate job postings. It's better to miss out on a potential job opportunity than to fall victim to an online job scam. Always be cautious of job postings that request personal information such as your full name, address, and phone number, as this information could be used for identity theft or fraud. Don't hesitate to reach out to the company to double-check the job's legitimacy and availability. Don't share personal information until you have thoroughly researched the employer. Stay alert for job postings that ask you to use your personal bank account for any type of transactions related to the job. Be suspicious of job postings that use unprofessional communication methods for conducting interviews. To avoid being misled by false promises or misrepresentation, research the company's track record and history before applying for any job. Be wary of any job listing that requires you to pay for a 'registration fee.'
1. Staff management and program delivery support: Supervise the STA-health who will oversee the health TAs in EA, MENA and Asia. Provide necessary management and technical support to the team of Health TAs working in Great Lakes, West Africa and Latin America regions supporting their continuing professional growth and improving their performance. This involves providing appropriate and timely feedback on performance, including full implementation of the staff performance management process; supporting training/continuing technical education; and leading by example.If needed, provide guidance to Health TAs on technical support to specific countries, including guidance on action plans, project/program design, fund-raising, and monitoring and evaluation as well as staff capacity development. This may involve joining calls between technical advisers and country programs, supporting review of documents and project design and implementation, or join a field visit as needed.Collaborate with Health TU STAs from Environmental Health, Emergency Health, SRH, Health-specialized areas and Nutrition as well as the MEAL STA to ensure technical assistance is seamless and coordinated to each country and region needs. Support engagement with CPs for strategic TU-led BD opportunities, this includes supporting preparation, design and implementation and backstopping TAs as needed.2. Other functions:Participate in and advise strategic initiatives in the health unit and participate in joint initiatives with other IRC technical units as agreed upon by the supervisor. This may include strategic leadership for TU-led projects.Represent the health unit and the IRC in academic fora, donor meetings, inter-agency working groups, and various global/regional fora as assigned by the supervisor.
Nursing, Project management, Reporting, People management, Training delivery, Public health
After taking the time to read this job vacancy carefully, it's time to make a decision. Have you done so? Please make sure to read the job posting carefully before submitting an application. It's better to take a little extra time to review your application than to rush and make mistakes. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are committed to meeting the requirements and expectations of this job. Nonetheless, if this job vacancy isn't quite right, envy-mag.com has many other job vacancies to consider.