Overview of Role
The licensed practical nurse is a staff nurse who provides direct, primary nursing care to residents and delegates and supervises the care provided by certified nursing assistants.
1. Meets with members of the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, coordinate, and evaluate residents’ care.
2. Documents nursing activities accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Receives and records physicians’ orders.
4. Communicates staffing problems and needs to the charge nurse.
5. Develops work assignments for nursing assistants and other subordinate staff.
6. Assure subordinate staff complies with job descriptions.
7. Reports problems and complaints to the charge nurse.
8. Provides feedback to nurse managers regarding performance of nursing assistants.
9. Receives and provides end of shift report.
10. Assists in admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
11. Serves on and participates in committees as assigned.
12. Assures nursing assistants comply with policies and procedures.
13. Reports maintenance and housekeeping needs.
14. Identifies and reports needs for supplies and equipment.
15. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality assurance activities.
16. Adheres to professional codes of ethics.
1. Greets and admits new residents.
2. Makes rounds with physicians and other team members as needed.
3. Assesses residents and assists in completion of Minimum Data Set.
4. Participates in developing, implementing, and revising residents’ care plans.
5. Coordinates residents’ care activities.
6. Identifies and reports changes in residents’ status to physicians, responsible family members, and supervisory nursing staff.
7. Recommends, communicates, and implements changes in residents’ care plans.
8. Communicates care activities and changes to other team members.
9. Responds to emergency situations.
10. Communicates and coordinates care with residents and their families / significant others.
11. Administers treatments and other direct care.
12. Collects specimens as ordered.
13. Implements restorative and rehabilitative nursing programs.
14. Respects residents’ rights; protects residents from abuse and neglect.
15. Assists with emergencies; administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
16. Assures residents have documented advanced directives and residents’ preferences are respected.
1. Communicates educational needs of staff to staff development coordinator and supervisors.
2. Participates in the orientation of new employees.
3. Provides instruction to staff as needed.
4. Provides education to residents and families.
5. Attends continuing education programs to maintain competency and improve knowledge and skills.
1. Monitors and evaluates unit’s staff efficiency; identifies inefficiencies and plans strategies to improve inefficiencies.
2. Monitors staff stress levels, and implements processes to maintain healthy levels.
3. Educates staff in self care and general health practices.
4. Supports practices that promote holistic health of staff.
5. Empowers frontline staff to contribute to resident care planning.
6. Acknowledges value and importance of staff to the lives of the residents.
1. Promotes a positive image of long-term care nursing.
2. Meets with prospective and current residents and their families.
3. Promotes positive guest relations.
4. Assures problems and complaints involving nursing services are managed and resolved in a timely, appropriate manner.
5. Protects the privacy of residents and employees.
6. Represents the facility and nursing services in professional and community activities as assigned.
7. Maintains positive working relationships between nursing staff and other departments.
Registered Nurse Home Health. Barberton Wooster Canton areas. Up to. 5k Sign on Bonus for full time Open... Supervises and provides clinical direction to home health aides and LPNs LVNs to ensure quality and...
Job Description. 2000 Sign on Bonus Available. Looking for 12 hour (6 30a 7p & 6 30p 7a) Charge nurse... LPN& 39 s Start at 20 hr. RN& 39 s start at 27 hr. Come join an amazing team of caregivers. We believe...
000 Sign on Bonus Available. Looking for 12 hour (6 30a 7p & 6 30p 7a) Charge nurse positions... LPN's Start at 20 hr. RN's start at 27 hr. Come join an amazing team of caregivers. We believe in the...
Salary : $66 Now Hiring Dedicated Drivers for our 3M Account 10,000 Sign on Bonus ( 5,000 per driver). Great Benefits... 5,000 per driver) must successfully complete orientation 3,000 referral bonus Top pay as high as 27...
Performing range of motion exercises (active and passive). assisting with ambulation. making occupied and unoccupied beds. weighing residents. taking vital signs. providing post mortem care...
Providence Healthcare Management in Canton, OH, US wants to hire a Night Shift LPN w/ $1,000 Sign on Bonus and Shift Diff!. We are looking for candidates like you! You will be in charge of ...
Get paid before, during, and after AEP. Earn a. 500 signing bonus after you complete our onboarding and... 00 after your first sale. During AEP, we offer service fee commissions and bonuses, just for helping...
Salary : $66 Now Hiring CDL A Company Drivers 10,000 Sign On Bonus. Great Benefits. Excellent PayDriving a truck... Pay & Benefits 10,000 Sign on Bonus 3,000 Referral BonusTop pay as high as. 0.32 CPM for experienced...