Position : Programs Officer, Kampala Uganda
The position holder will be responsible for putting in place social protection networks and systems that protects women and children from violence; ensuring transformed attitudes and perceptions on the values and roles of women and children in the society, increase access to rehabilitation services and protect from violence; and ensuring increased ownership and entitlement of production assets and resources by marginalized women and children.
- Project Implementation and Management
- Oversee day-to-day implementation of all project activities, providing constructive supervision to the project team to implement, monitor, and evaluate work plans including monitoring & evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Program Director and in coordination with the National Program Development Advisor.
- Lead the field-based team in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the Resilience Building for Rebuild projects
- Support the field team in timely quality implementation, monitoring of the work plans and reporting ensuring that activities are in line with the project strategy, and reflect the commitments FHI360 made to the donor and the community.Work with the field team to plan for future program directions in terms of beneficiary needs, new sites, and / or new programs
- Ensure compliance with FHI360 and donor finance and logistics guideline, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
- Contribute to assessments, project design, and budgeting.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with FHI360, donor and national requirements
Communication, Coordination and Representation
- Represent the FHI360 with local government authorities (administrative, spectral and security officials), non-state actors, UN agencies, and other NGOs at the field level. Engage and or delegate to project team for sector representation as appropriate.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at the district level including donors, government actors, local traditional leadership, beneficiary populations and their representatives, etc.
- Represent the FHI360 with beneficiaries and communities to encourage accountability to those we serve.
- Coordinate FHI360 project activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies.
Required profile for job ad : Programs Officer, Kampala Uganda
- Bachelors degree in Development Studies,
- Project Planning and Management, International Relations,
- Gender & Conflict, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences and any other relevant management or technical field.
- Proven working experience at management level in humanitarian assistance or development within an international environment, and preferably with non-governmental organizations.
- Professional experience in managing protection, Gender Based Violence, livelihoods or/and child protection projects refugee environment.
- Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams in cross cultural context.
- Knowledge and experience of cooperation with governmental and international agencies in the field of refugee assistance, advocacy and emergency is essential
- Strong diplomatic skills.
- Strong people management skills: the ability to effectively lead and supervise team.
- Advanced computer skills including Ms word processing, Ms excel, database systems, and PowerPoint.
- English fluency required.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit the required qualification and experience for the above position, kindly send your letter of interest and CV
The closing date for application is 12th October, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job criteria for job ad : Programs Officer, Kampala Uganda
- Associative activities
- Social, public and human services
- R&D, project management
- Bwizibwera - Entebbe - Gulu - Hoima - Jinja - Kampala - Kasese - Kira - Lira - Masaka - Mbale - Mbarara - Mukono - Nansana - Rest of Uganda - International
FHI 360 works with the Uganda Ministry of Health (MOH) and Office of the Prime Minister to implement national policies, guidelines and tools that expand access to and the quality of maternal, newborn and child health services.
As an implementing partner on the U.S Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Uganda Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition Activity, FHI 360 works with the MOH to improve maternal and child health and nutrition outcomes by supporting the health care system in developing and implementing policies, guidelines and interventions; increasing the use of data to guide program design and implementation; facilitating knowledge-sharing to document and share best practices; and strengthening coordination and linkages across government sectors to improve collaboration and efficiency.
Our experts have also conducted research to inform the development of new ways to increase access to contraceptives and have played a key role in the expansion of injectable contraceptives.
Useful link(s) for this job
- click apply button below
This vacancy has been closed