The Senior Specialist – Application Development job opportunity was announced on 2023-03-22, and it will expire on 2023-03-27. To be considered for this job, you must have at least 60 months of experience in the same field. To be eligible for this job, you must have completed bachelor degree as a minimum requirement. The job opportunity is based in Kampala, but it is possible for the company to accept applications from candidates living elsewhere if they possess the required skills. The physical location for the job is Within Uganda, Kampala, East Africa, 00256. MTN-Uganda is an excellent option for those seeking a full time job. The employer's lack of disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's approach to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Position: Type: FULL TIME
Senior Specialist – Application Development
Category: Computer & IT
To avoid becoming a victim of job scams and fraud, it's crucial to remember some essential factors when applying for jobs online. To avoid working for a company with a high turnover rate, research its employee retention and satisfaction rates before applying for any job. Be wary of job postings that make unrealistic promises or seem too good to be true. Guard your personal information closely when applying for jobs online to avoid putting yourself at risk of fraud or identity theft. It is important to reach out to the organization directly to ensure that the job posting is not a scam and that they are currently hiring. Beware of job postings that ask you to provide your personal bank account information to handle company finances. Check the website address and ensure you are on the legitimate envy-mag.com website to avoid any negative outcomes. Keep an eye out for job postings that require you to sign up for a free trial or subscription before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. You should always be wary of job postings that only offer interviews via text or email.
Deadline of this Job: Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala, East Africa
Monday, March 27 2023
The Manager: Application Development is responsible for the design, development and implementation model for the various applications and API services and technologies, platforms, tools and control the release where solutions are centralized. Defines the links between applications, databases, and devices.
To develop and support application and API services (following the wider MTN group architectural principles) that will support to meet business and customer requirements.
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following position;
Job Title: Senior Specialist – Application Development
Reports to: Senior Manager – IT Design & Delivery
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
• To develop and test software products, applications and API’s, using common programming languages, as per agreed specifications of requesting department.
• Support different frameworks and requirements for application, API services and infrastructure to enable effective services to MTN Uganda.
• Development of technical documents to be used for new products including technical specifications, technical manuals
• Deriving trends in performance from statistics as well as from customer complaints to provide long term solutions to identified problems.
• Research, define and propose new trends and services in terms of application and API development to enable best-in-class innovative solutions and services.
• Manage and oversee application and API operations and ensure that solutions are fit-for-purpose and meeting required business KPI’s and targets.
• Development of scripts to ensure efficient collection of statistics and generation of required reports
• Ensure changes on applications platforms are carried out as specified and within specified time frames to ensure Company KPIs.
• Manage, develop and grow the Apps development team.
• Work closely with Digital Platforms & Delivery teams to validate new solutions, design service blueprints and ensure quick implementation processes.
• Use the approved tools and technologies to support team members and the services they provide.
• Ensure platforms and services are operated according to internal standards, MTN group technology and legal and security requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electrical/Telecom Engineering
• Relevant certification / accreditation as required for role.
• Programing skills, Knowledge of Microservices Architecture, UNIX/Solaris/Linux and Database Administration skills.
• 5 years’ experience in relevant sector/industry/ area of specialization
• Experience in managing and growing software development team
• Software development experience with key focus on microservices architecture
• Understanding of API design and application lifecycle management process
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Conflict management skills
• Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information.
• Negotiation skills
• Quality management skills
• Risk management skills
• Strong “can-do attitude” combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified,
The job posting is a valuable resource to help you decide if this job is the right fit for you. We encourage individuals who have carefully evaluated this job posting and feel that they can meet the expectations to apply for this job. The recruiter is more concerned with the quality of the application rather than the speed at which it was submitted. Please make sure to carefully evaluate if this job aligns with your career goals and aspirations before applying.
This vacancy has been closed