The main purpose of the Front Office Manager at Royal Malewane is to oversee the management and control of the daily operations in the FO department, including the Curio Shop. This is to ensure that the standards of The Royal Portfolio are met, if not exceeded at Malewane Lodge, Farmstead and Africa House. This is in order to contribute to our purpose which is "To give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay".
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front Office is the administrative hub of Royal Malewane and as such requires a forward-thinking individual with a planned approach to assisting guests with their individual needs
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Front Office
- Be the point of contact for guests, assist with guest/ reservations/ agent communication as well as inter-departmental communication (this requires 2way radio confidence as well as a positive telephone manner)
- Update daily guest arrivals/ departures and relevant information on our daily “Daysheet” and updating new information on Opera
- Assist guests in the curio shop
- Receiving and co-ordinating freight deliveries, capturing curio stock, monthly stocktakes
- Ensuring the curio shop is kept neat, clean and tidy.
- Living, breathing and understanding the company’s purpose and values
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years in the Lodge/ Safari Industry
- 3+ years’ experience in a Managerial role in a luxury 5* Front Office department
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills – additional languages beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Great organisational and multitasking abilities
- Must be detail orientated
- Should be well versed in all digital communication channels
- Systems – Opera (PMS) and Microsoft Office are required
It is important that the candidate is able to work as part of a team and is a good cultural fit for The Royal Portfolio.
South African citizenship is advantageous. A valid work permit is essential if you are not in possession of a South African ID document.
All new appointments at The Royal Portfolio’s properties will need to show proof of vaccination against Covid 19.
It is a requirement of the Thornybush Nature Reserve is that all staff undergo a pre-employment polygraph test.
This vacancy has been closed