- Key Job Outputs : Maintenance of plant equipment including the following : Loaders , un-loaders, palletizers, printers and printers setup, magnetic conveyors, wash boxes, mincers and blenders;
- Maintenance of seamer equipment and repairs in and around seamers; Maintenance of all mixing and plant equipment; Training of individuals in the maintenance of relevant equipment;
- Take responsibility for all aspects of food and people safety relating to the equipment under your control; Preparedness to maintain equipment other than mentioned and in other areas of the plant;
- Setup of seaming rolls and seam adjustment; Must be able to program electrical drives and water meters; Must understand and read electrical drawings;
- PLC programing will be an advantage; Setup, repairs and programming of printers; Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics;
- Dismantle, evaluate and rebuild of plant equipment; Participate in the breakdown elimination process in order to reduce breakdowns and improve equipment reliability;
Housekeeping, clean as you go.
- Knowledge, skills and attributes : Good knowledge of the principles of planned maintenance; An assertive approach; Good decision-making skills;
- A preparedness to work shifts (including weekends and long hours); Efficiency under pressure; Must be able to function independently;
Attention to detail; Good team player; Proficient in trouble shooting; Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and experience : Must be a qualified artisan in the field of Millwright, with at least 5 years practical experience, preferably in a high-speed production environment;
Theoretical training to the level of N4 will be a distinct advantage; Previous experience in the maintenance of canning equipment especially seaming and meat filling will be an advantage.
To apply, please visit our website at :
http : / / oceana.co.za / careers / career-opportunities /
Closing Date : 14 September 2023
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
This vacancy has been closed