Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Remote / Cape Town / Stellenbosch
A software product development company builds high quality (cloud) software for various clients across industries. Their work covers a variety of industries and a range of apps and IoT software projects.
Their clients include scale-ups, investors and enterprises that need brand new cloud software or upgrade or replace existing software.
Companies use them because of their reputation for great teamwork, the high quality of the software they create and their focus on helping them unlock greater value.
Join a creative team of product managers, UX designers & researchers, software architects, software engineers and QA analysts dedicated to delivering software that delivers value to our clients and engaging experiences to users.
- Product Risk Analysis
- Understand product, business and user context
- Identify and prioritise product risks for testing
- Provide input for project risk conversations
- Test Case Development
- Collaborate with the rest of the team (including the client) to develop acceptance criteria
- Create Cucumber feature files in collaboration with software engineers on the team, so they can automate those tests
- Test Execution
- Exploratory testing
- Capture test reporting (test evidence as well as defects found + steps to reproduce)
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to help interpret automated test results to help the team maintain the underlying test suite.
- Bigger blocks of manual testing for release candidates
- Manage Project Workload
- Work with PO and the rest of the team to deliver tested software
- Test planning for the project : initial plan as well as on-going response to changing reality
- Test planning per sprint
- Collaborate with engineers & other team members on both scales of planning
- Time management and prioritisation : working on multiple projects at once (we aim for a max of 2 simultaneous projects, but this is not always possible)
- Keep current with industry and technology
- Research tools and techniques
- Suggest process improvement internally
- Defend the quality of the end product. Be able to clearly and logically lay out the reasoning behind your position so clients and team members can understand.
- Handle a variety of platforms : Android, iOS, Web
Knowledge, skills and attitudes