Position : Director of Corporate Development
Idera, Inc. (Idera) brands deliver the B2B software tools that technical users trust most. From database administration to application development, test management, and DevOps, our best-in-class solutions help businesses do more with less. Idera recently established two distinct operating entities to enable differentiated strategies and unique go-to-markets. The two entities, internally referred to as Test and Core, will utilize a single Corporate Development team, requiring a candidate able to support both businesses and leadership teams. Idera is growth-focused, via both organic innovation and acquisitions. We seek a rising star to join our world-class team in Austin, Texas.
What is the opportunity?
- We seek a Director of Corporate Development to support the sourcing, evaluation, diligence, execution, and integration of acquisition transactions.
- This role is both operational and strategic. Specific functions will include (i) managing Idera’s M&A target pipeline, (ii) managing cross functional M&A sourcing, transaction execution, and integration teams, (iii) maintaining dashboards and preparing presentations that track and analyze our industry and M&A activity, (iv) managing and tracking due diligence and transaction acquisition activities, and (v) ensuring effective post-acquisition integration and hand-off to business unit leadership.
- The ideal candidate will have a background executing M&A transactions, familiarity with the software industry (i.e., experience covering the software industry for an investment bank, management consulting firm, law firm, or PE/venture capital firm or experience in finance or operations at a software company) and be looking to advance their career by managing the end-to-end corporate development process at a best-in-class software company.
- This role will report directly to the Presidents of our two operating businesses.
Required profile for job ad : Director of Corporate Development
What does it take to succeed?
- A Learner’s Mindset: Desire to learn and adapt in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Focus on Results: Results matter. Idera rewards those who deliver – you should be a self-starter that is motivated by achieving outstanding results.
- Understanding of Mergers & Acquisition Transactions: While talent is more important than experience, this role requires a fundamental understanding of M&A transaction processes (4+ years M&A experience required).
- Familiarity with the Software/Technology Industry: 2+ years of software/technology industry experience required (experience may be with a software company, consulting firm, investment firm, etc.).
- Financial Literacy: Ability to read, understand, and analyze financial statements. Candidates will not just understand the statements, but also able to apply insights into a recommendation presented to Idera’s Executive team.
- Skills: Critical thinker; highly organized; detail-oriented; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to identify opportunities and find a way to get things across the finish line; strong proficiency preparing PowerPoint decks is a plus. Confident in interacting with senior bankers, Board members, and target Executive teams.
- Qualities: Tenacious and hungry. Exceptional ability to prioritize, focus, and understand the big-picture implications of seemingly routine tasks. Quick learner with the ability to execute following instruction. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at cutting through the story or position (and occasional malarkey) presented by bankers or sellers. Deliver recommendations
Job criteria for job ad : Director of Corporate Development
- IT, software engineering, Internet
- Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western - International
- Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract
TestRail is the only platform that empowers QA teams to build, connect, and optimize all of their testing processes. TestRail’s Quality OS centralizes test management and gives you visibility into your entire quality operation. With complete control over your testing, you’re equipped to build repeatable, scalable workflows that integrate with the rest of your DevOps pipeline. And, with a unified platform that integrates with your DevOps pipelines, you can share testing timelines, data, and insights across your whole organization. Lift your team out of chaos and toward faster, frictionless releases. TestRail – Orchestrate testing, elevate quality.
Useful link(s) for this job
- click apply button below
This vacancy has been closed