The Sr. Director, State Gov't Affairs will work to develop and implement successful government affairs strategies to advance Sarepta's business objectives and address identified threats and opportunities at the state level. Position will be responsible for all 50 states. Individual will work cross functionally, closely with the Sr. Director of Reimbursement Policy and with Patient Advocacy, Corporate Communications, National Accounts, among others.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute health policy strategies, plans and tactics, including stakeholder engagement, legislative analysis and coalition building in targeted states
- Build and elevate Sarepta's position at the state level with legislators, their staff, executive branch leadership (Governors and state Medicaid agencies), and third-party stakeholders such as state medical societies, state/affiliate trade associations
- Working closely with commercial colleagues, proactively engage public payers and address state-specific reimbursement and access obstacles
- Identify, drive and participate in opportunities to advance Sarepta's health policy position on relevant external state-focused forums, in particular those that shape local policymakers understanding of rare diseases, newborn screening, access to treatment and biotech innovation, particularly for the evolving gene therapy field
- Advance dialogue and education at the state level on innovative reimbursement and coverage pathways as it relates to Sarepta's genetic-based medicines
- Monitor current and evolving state legislative initiatives and analyze commercial implications on Sarepta's strategic initiatives
- Effectively direct local contract lobbyists and manage budget
- Maintain high standard and knowledge of scientific, clinical and commercial developments of Sarepta's inline and pipeline therapies
- Establish strong working relationships across functions, contributing ideas, strategies, project leadership in an innovative, thought-provoking and collegian manner
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field plus advanced degree in life sciences, public health, public policy, or law
- Seasoned state government affairs professional with 10 or more years of direct experience
- Demonstrated success in lobbying state government; experience working with state Medicaid agencies preferable
- Direct experience in rare diseases preferred and gene therapy a plus
- Ability to anticipate emerging issues of importance to the company and the sector, and to prioritize appropriately
- Established level of credibility and strong understanding of the external stakeholders
- Skilled in alliance development at the state level
- Ability to drive innovative thinking and execute innovative strategies with urgency
- Mature, adaptive and flexible disposition to effectively interact with a range of diverse external stakeholders and senior level executives
- Good presence, outstanding interpersonal skills, and excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management and flexibility and ability to work under pressure and drive projects to completion
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage consultants
- Ability to travel approximately 50% or as needed
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.
And (c) provide designated therapeutic area expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and or... and ensure the FMD role and activities are aligned with Pfizer medical needs.The Sr. Director, Breast...See Details
Job Description. The Senior Director, Associate General Counsel. Gene Therapy is a newly created... regulatory matters and government interactions. review of promotional and medical materials, grants and...See Details
Sr. Director, Breast Cancer Field Medical Team Leader (West)United States. Texas. RemoteUnited States... and (c) provide designated therapeutic area expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and or...See Details